Getting the path to the vehicle

Rimbalza5 years ago

I would like to use the Manager app on my phone to have the path to reach the vehicle when I'm around. For example I park in some place in the city and want to get back to the car. I see the car in the map inside Manager, it would be useful to be able to click and get the Google Maps link so that you can create a path to it, or see public transportation for example.
Is there any function like this in traccar manager? I searched with no luck.

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

You can create your own custom mobile app on top of traccar api.

Matt Patten5 years ago

Basically, you just want the app to read your phone as the current location of yourself, and then your car where you left it?

Rimbalza5 years ago

No, I don't need the app to read my position, just need it to create a link. Google maps then reads my position.
For example: car current location is N12.3456 E44.5566. I can see them in the detail of the last position.
I just need to have a link there (maybe those numbers are links themselves) with: https://maps.google.com?q=N12.3456+E44.5566
If you click it in the phone it will start Google Maps without intervention (the link above is not correct I think, I just wrote it using sentiment...) and I can tell maps to calculate the route.

trackinguser4455 years ago

hi: well, inside the manager you have the accurate location of the last position..
it sounds like you want a feature for the VPS to be able to email the last position coordinates (or current coordinates if your just getting out of the car) to a google search box so their mapping feature will pull up the location.

Rimbalza5 years ago

@trackinguser445, ahem... No I don't need that.

Matt Patten5 years ago

I'm with you,,
You want something like shown in this image,, where there icon would open the directions from current position to last position of the GPS device via Google maps

Screenshot-20190403-172340.png

Rimbalza5 years ago

Yes Matt Patten, something like that. It should be a simple sprintf in my mind...

ok, so create a waypoint and then have it show on google maps, do you want the same map to show your current location as well?

Rimbalza5 years ago

Once you switch to another application I think it's easier to use those app features, i.e. to localize your position. Also I do not know exactly how it works but I have another app on my other phone that opens "maps" links (mapswithme), so maybe it is better to keep it simple and more general passing just the current device position.

well, if you have the coordinates, that is the hard data.

Rimbalza5 years ago
Robbie4 years ago

Hi,
Any news about this?
This seems exactly what I need.
I have a tracker build in to my trailer. In case somebody steals it, I want to follow it.

Rob