GPRS unsettable on some server addresses GT06 clones

Chris Wilson4 years ago

I have two GT06 Ebay clones. They came with the Chinglish instructions suggesting one uses gps110.org as the server. I wanted to use the GPS-TRACE server and one accepted that and is running gprs for weeks with no issues. The other accepted it for 2 days then went offline with check123456 showing gprs is off. Sending gprs123456 gets gprsok! response back but it does not turn gprs on as the nect check shows. Now, if I use the suggested GPS110.org server the gprs setting sticks and it has been working fine for some time. I also tried it for a day on my home hosted Traccar server, but now set to my own IP address gprs will not take a set. either In all cases smslink commands return a Google coordinate though. So it appears it allowed a few days on different servers but now will only hold the gprs command on GPS110.org

Does anyone know if this is something hard coded in the firmware, and it will turn off gprs if used on a different server than that suggested by the vendor? Any way around it please? The Device returns this ID:

GT06M_MXC_V5.3_190816

The one that works on many servers constantly holding gprs set to on this one returns an ID of:

61M-GT06_V4.2_180711

As an aside what GENUINE similar device has anyone bought in the UK or EU that does not have either this gprs / server issue, nor suffers from not allowing fixes of 10 seconds, I have yet another GT06 clone that will not allow anything less than 5 minute fixes... I feel it's time to buy genuine with its limitations known and stated... But where from in single or small quantities? Thanks again.

the_may3 years ago

What ports were you using?