How i can connect Traccar to my own panic button?

Rob Lopez4 years ago

Hi guys, hope you're ok

I got a question, i'm developing an app that works like panic button, but i like connect it with traccar, i mean, when i press the button i'd want to get the current location of the mobile in traccar web.

Thanks for your sopport!

davejh4 years ago

Traccar app has its own panic button of sorts. its a short cut from the home screen. long press the icon to see it. Just examine the code

George Civic4 years ago

Hello davehj and Rob.

Which Traccar App are you referring to? Where can I find? Is it the client app or the manager app?

On the other hand:

You must wait for the time segments that are configured to send the gps coordinates to the server ? (for example 20 sec, 40 sec, 60 sec.). I ask, because I don't know if the Traccar architecture is meant to send out a panic notification where you don't have to wait to "travel" along with the lat, lon data; but it is instantaneous and independent of the sending of lat, lon (gps protocol). Similar to a Push notification. And on the other hand, how would the event of a panic button be collected on the server and the map?

I think that if the panic button is not instantaneous (like a socket for CHAT's) it would not be very useful to wait 10, 20 or 30 seconds to notify the panic to the central and this it is seen.
For example, the popular navixy gps platform (Rusia) very similar to Traccar, offerts a panic button from your app client and a "live" notification with sound in the server map, but this panic event it has the same relay that lat,lon sended packet, with 20 or 30 or more wait state, this valious time is very important in emergency cases. Panic Button it must quickly as a CHAT (instant). I dont know it can do it with Traccar this.

Thank you.