LK720 CJ720 Vibration- or Shock Alarms

Hardyvo3 years ago

I would like to know, if anybody can receive vibration or shock alarm from this device. I get the alarm by sms but not by traccar. I do get overspeed alarm by traccar, but thats the only alarm I get. Sometimes there is a SOS Alarm, but I think this is a malfunction because the coordinates are definitiv wrong.

jangrewe3 years ago

I would be interested if you get actual sleep mode working with that model? Mine is sending updates every 3 minutes, no sleeping ever (there are multiple threads about this).

Hardyvo3 years ago

Hi,
mine uses about 5mA in "sleep mode" and when getting active it consumes up to 50mA. So I thing this sleep mode will use some energy to keep gprs and gsm up. Otherwise you would not be able to send any commands to tracker. And in order to hold the connection up to traccar, the device must send some packets, because you cannot rely on having all time the same ip address. I mean, if the service provider drops the connection and on reopening the device gets another ip, you would not be able to connect from traccar to the device.
What I can say is, that the packets send over the gprs are rather small - in my case the simcard provider seems not to count the data. So I have month of usage without any gprs consumption. I use the tracker since 14 months and have only on time reloaded the sim - and thats mostly because of sending sms to get this bullshit vibration alerts running.