Looking for odbII tracker

hans4 years ago

Hi all I know its a sensitive topic here.
So i'll shalt not ask for the best tracker for traccar but lets me ask it like this:
I am looking for a ODBII stick gps tracker.
Cheap as possible and if possible update every 15 sec orso. Or if that's not possible 1 min is fine.
I like to get most parameters from the connector if possible. But need service/fuel consumption/warnings and or errors

So ya the most for cheap basically :)
I am realistic i see the 8$ ones on ali if they work with traccar and can do some of the above things it's worth trying.
We use VW / Peugeot / Citroen and ford.

Again don't want to cause any discussion just looking for some links to cheap ones that users have used and their experiences with them.

TY !

Foxchip4 years ago

I use CCTR-830G
it exists in 2G/3G and 4G

dagobar4 years ago

I bought from Ali one OBD2 GPS tracker at 12,48 Euro (transport included):

• can't read any data from OBD2
  • only compatible with 2G GSM networks (can't connect at 3G or higher networks)
  • accuracy is 50-150 meters even with signal from 9 satellites
  • has an internal battery witch can light only the leds but without 12v from OBD can't work
  • the printed "manual" have wrong commands (lucky for me I have also other manuals)
  • it use protocol gt06 (port 5023 in traccar)
  • maximum send rate over GPRS is every 10 seconds

So... if you want cheap... expect also the same quality...

hans4 years ago

Fair enough thanks for good explanation the not reading odb is deal breaker.
What would you recommend when one still wants to go cheap ?

dagobar4 years ago

@hans
For now this is the only OBD2 GPS tracker that I tested so I can't recommand what you need.
What you can do is buy various cheap OBD2 GPS devices and test it until you find one that is compatible.
Judging after the description this model might be working... at 36,17 Euro
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000068624528.html
Beware that it's only 2G GSM networks !
If you test it, please share your results.

An other option is to use: Raspberry Pi + GPS module + GSM modem + OBD2 interface.
Such an option is very flexible but it cost more and the installation is not plug&play.

hans4 years ago

Alright thanks for the great feedback.

I am still considering options i might just go for a dutch seller they have cheap ones for around 30 but then at least i have support and warranty.

I wil let you know how it works out.

dagobar4 years ago

Do you have a link ?