noob question about programming GPS watch

manuel betancurt5 years ago

I got some Chinese watches that I want to add to the platform.
In order to program them, I have the protocol from the manufacturer, it looks very similar to:
https://github.com/tananaev/traccar/files/1216919/MP10-Protocol.pdf

In the protocol, the commands look like:
Server Command
[CS*YYYYYYYYYY*LEN*TS]

I have some noob questions,

How to communicate with the device?
. SMS?
. GPRS modem?

How do I construct the call to the device?
with the mobile number of the SIM card on the device?

How will this work to send to my specific device?

Terminal Command:
[CS*YYYYYYYYYY*LEN*LK]
E.g.: [SG*8800000015*0002*LK]
Server Answer:
[CS*YYYYYYYYYY*LEN*LK]
E.g.:[SG*8800000015*0002*LK]

Thanks for your help! Can't wait to join the club!

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

Try sending terminal commands via SMS using 10-digit phone number assigned to devices SIM card.

trackinguser4455 years ago

what does the manual say? if the vendor allows you to program or configure then you can send programming commands to the device via SMS...if you need more help advise.

trackinguser4455 years ago

basically when the device has a sim card it identifies on the cellular network and then you configure with specific sms commands provided by the vendor--where to send data, etc...

Marc Vallribera5 years ago

There are some basic commands you cand send to the watch trough SMS. You can check some of them here. Or a more complete list here

The commands you are talking about (like [CS*YYYYYYYYYY*LEN*TS]) are the messages that the watch will send to the server through the specified IP/port (you can set the server and port sending an SMS like pw,123456,ip,52.28.132.157,8001#)

So, basically:
1- Setup server/port sending an SMS command. Maybe you'll have to setup the APN also.
2- Configure the server to listen to that port.
3- Recieve the messages an process them.

Steps 2 and 3 are just what Traccar does. The protocol you are using is the "watch" protocol, so you'll have to set the watch to send messages to your Traccar server through port 5093.

Hope this helps you

manuel betancurt5 years ago

YES!
very useful thanks!
is there a protocol description with all the commands available?
are this commands standard? so will all the Chinese watches keep this standard?

Thanks!

Marc Vallribera5 years ago

I don't understand. You already posted it in the first message of this topic :)
You can establish a basic communication with the watch using SMS (see the links in my previous message) ,but you'll get the location and many other information once the connection has been established, using the protocol you posted (MP10)
Is that what you were asking?

Regarding the standard, I wouldn't count on it. Some are the same, some are slightly different, some are completely different...

John Smith3 years ago

I just got this to work.. Terminal Command: [CS*YYYYYYYYYY*LEN*LK]

Ignore this part when using the Traccar webpage: 'CS*YYYYYYYYYY*LEN*'. LEN is actually the length of the message being sent, in HEX, and already calculated by the Traccar software. So click 'Command' Icon by Devices, then 'New', then Custom Command, and enter your command, 'LK' in this case.

The watches seem to follow the A19 Protocol, at least the RFV45 4G one I'm using (port 5093).
https://www.istartek.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/A19-Communication-Protocol.pdf