OBD GPS Tracker request

Hello,
we would like to know if someone of Traccar users can suggest us a Tracker Device with these features:

1. OBD port connection and OBD transmission data against Traccar Server using onboard 2G/3G SIM
  2. GPS data transmission against Traccar Server using onboard 2G/3G SIM
  3. Fully functional and tested with Traccar
  4. It should be better if we could buy this device in Europe

We are evaluating ThinkRace VT200 products but we are very unhappy of their sales support.
Thank you very much in advance for your answers.
Best regards
Vittorio Cicognani

kaykor7 years ago

If you can use 2G http://en.eelink.com.cn/ may be what you are looking for. They do have 3G products with OBD3G in the future.
Ellen monitors the forum and if she has your email will inquire if she can help. (proactive) I'm in Canada and ordered 3 devices, received them with in a week. Been testing them for week and I'm satisfied that they work as expected and are supported on the Traccar platform as eelink port 5064. eelink will set them up for you before shipping with your required ip port information.

ellen@eelink.com.cn

mauriceoduor7 years ago

Hi Kaykor,
I am also interested in this device, could you please confirm to me if you are able to get fuel data from the OBD that you are using. What other CANBus info are you able to get?

Rgds
Maurice

Ellen Liu7 years ago

Hi Maurice,

Not all OBD tracker can get fuel data from all kinds of vehicle, it mainly to see if OBD interface(protocol) can support that car, please kindly confirm with the supplier clearly before you buy the devices. You can advise your car type for the supplier to check for you.

Hope it is helpful for you.

Thanks/Best regards.

Ellen

john dooley7 years ago

I'm testing a Meitrack TC68S device in Australia (we have no 2G network anymore and down under, many ebay sellers are selling 2G paperweights as "3G"devices. I have easily managed to plug it in, configure APN name and have it sending GPRS data back to traccar so I think it will work out functional. I wont be testing all the finer features, I just need it to send back location data, not canbus vehicle data.

There is a much cheaper device (about half price) but I don't know if it works, so Ill ask in another thread. I need about 4 more.

kaykor7 years ago

john dooley contact Ellen, what I saw on ebay I'm sure they are much cheaper. Not released yet but 3G OBD will be available soon without the canbus features.