Pet tracker TK911 Pro 4G (working solution with Home Assistant)

Peter Hanton3 months ago

Just to help others searching for a cheap option to track their adventurous dogs I got this tracker working.

http://www.tkstar-gps.com/Product/tkstarwinnes4gpetgpstrackertk911pro.html

It supports a 4G LTE SIM, it makes use of the watch protocol on port 5093 and several parts are available, like a cover for better water resistance.

My setup below. Only for configuration I used a SIM with SMS support.

Tracker TK911 Pro with data only SIM (XIPO xonnect) -> LTE network -> Home router with portforwarding for TCP 5093 to my Home Assistant Server. In the Traccar XML config file (..\addon_configs\a0d7b954_traccar\traccar.xml) I enabled port 5093 with the line <entry key='watch.port'>5093</entry>.

To configure the tracker just use the common statements:

admin123456 [YourPhoneNumber]
timezone123456 +[number] or -[number]
upload123456 10 (update interval in seconds)
sleep123456 off
gprs123456
adminip123456 [your.pubic.ip] 5093

Check also: https://keekatek.com/posts/trackers/tkstar-sms-commands#send%20data%20over%20gprs
Good to know you can replace your ip by a duckdns if you like. You'll have to register first, but after that with the add-on your ip will be updated

Don't forget to reboot Home Assistant to load the configuration and you should see some hex in de logs from the add-on.

INFO: [T59ebea89] connected
INFO: [T59ebea89: watch < 176.XX.XX.XXX]
INFO: Event id: 9119029687, time: 2024-01-27 22:19:59, type: deviceOnline, notifications: 0 

To add the device in the web console use the Device ID which is printed on the back of the device.
Don't forget to update your password and reset the password on their website as well https://www.mytkstar.net/Monitor.aspx. You can ask support to delete your profile, but I don't know if they will ...

Also will search about to use a reverse proxy as I cannot use a VPN like WireGuard from the tracker itself. Recommandations are welcome.

Happy tracking!!

Unterix2 months ago

Hello Peter,
thank you for sharing !
This prompted me to buy the same for my dog. It works very well with Traccar but I cannot adjust the frequency of position reports. As soon as it is switched on, it returns a position approximately every 3 seconds, which uses the battery more than necessary.
I tried several times to modify this frequency via the command "upload123456 20" (for 20 seconds, with default pwd) but without success.
Any idea ?
Thanks in advance.

Peter Hanton2 months ago

Nice to read a comment on my post.

I just tested and it should work.

This is what I got on my device (TK911-Pro (70SALASE_V_4.0 2023/12/01))

• removed the data-only SIM
  • placed a SIM with SMS credit on it
  • 'imei123456' > response 'xxx UPLOAD:60 xxx'
  • 'upload123456 90' > respone 'upload ok'
  • 'imei123456' > response 'xxx UPLOAD:90 xxx'

Checked the Traccar log from the WEB-UI (xxx8082/reports/logs) and got a message every 90 seconds
911xxxxxxx watch 5b53xxxxxxxx

I checked other sites and manuals and I could not find any alternatives for the 'upload' command.

Hope it helps. Otherwise you could try to reset your device, but thats more work.