Please help me find a device

Andreia year ago

I am looking to buy a few GPS tracker that need to have the following specks:

• need to have built-in battery that need to last for at least 2 days;
  • need to be able to integrate with traccar server;
  • need GPS and Glonas support => location accuracy from 1 to 5m;
  • use of 4G gsm network;
  • need to be able to send location to server every 1 or 2 seconds;
  • optional if gps has internal memory for backup position when no GSM available and after to send to server is a +;
  • available to buy in UE.
    thank you,
David Fullera year ago

What country are you plan to use those devices?

David Fullera year ago

I meant in what country are you plan to use those devices?

Andreia year ago

Romania

David Fullera year ago

3G,4G will restrict the product range considerably. My opinion is that you don't have any worries with 2G in Europe for many years to come. 1- 2 sec uses a lot a battery, you could come down that to 5-10sec you will be able to find some devices. Could describe us how you want to use those devices?

Andreia year ago

2G is welcome also, but 1 or 2 sec is mandatory because we want to use for timekeeping for cars race, so we have tryed a 5sec device and we observed that miss some gates (line geofences) so we tryed with traccar app, at 3, 2 and 1 intervals so with 2 and 1 we manage to capture every gate. For baterry our 5sec device last 5 days. So at 1 or 2 sec if last 1 day (recharge over night) we will be good. But we can not find a device that goes down beyond 5sec except we make a custom one and we want to avoid this at this time.

David Fullera year ago

Timekeeping with online GNSS devices is tricky. Timekeeping is normally done with photocell devices.. The GNSS module in a phone is more complex and has a lot of added functionality than the GNSS modules available in tracking devices. GNSS modules that are able to get a cold start that quick are more expensive that the modules usually used in tracking application. What is the length of that rally track and for what kind of rally you want to use them, circuit, offroad. There is also the issue of GNSS acquiring position speed ( update rate 1Hz or above). What devices did you used in the past?