Problem when trying to integrate Traccar 4.3 to Home Assistant 0.88.1

federico5 years ago

Hi.
I am having issues when trying to integrate Traccar 4.3 to Home Assistant 0.88.1

I am getting this error:
Error combining data from Traccar, 37
10:20 components/device_tracker/traccar.py (ERROR) - message first occured at 10:15 and shows up 11 times

My configurations.yaml (Home Assistant) is as follows:

device_tracker:
  - platform: traccar
    host: 192.168.1.12
    username: zzzzz
    password: xxxx

ICan anyone give me a hint?

Thanks in advance.
Federico.-

federico5 years ago

All I can see in Home Assistant log is the following:

2019-02-27 07:51:01 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Setting up device_tracker.traccar
2019-02-27 07:51:01 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker.traccar] Updating device data.
2019-02-27 07:51:01 ERROR (MainThread) [pytraccar.api] Error combining data from Traccar, 5
Tom5 years ago

I have encountered this problem and I think it is related with geofencing. When my device is within geofenced area witch is associated with it then "error combining data" shows up. I have only one device so my ability to make experiments is limited. It also looks like it is HA problem...

Can you confirm this behaviour?

federico5 years ago

Hi Tom,
I really don't know the behavior without geofences.
I needed to fix it quickly and when we got lost we mitigated the issue making Traccar relay to localhost and then we create a services (java) that takes the Traccar get relay and post it in HA using the GPSLogger API. (I think they call hooks now). I can share the service if you want.

Anyway, since there is not a lot of people using Traccar and HA I can help you performing some test but not this week. I am having a very busy days so If you can wait I can make some test without geofences and then come back to you.

Tom5 years ago

Eventually it turned out that this problem was related to Traccar. I have used separate login in Traccar (which is not admin) for HA to read data. I forgot to share geofence info with this user but shared device info. So geofenceid in device info was specified but list of available geofences was empty.