Sinotrack ST-901 doesn't respect update intervals

Shargan3 years ago

Hi!
Recently I bought a Sinotrack ST-901 tracker, 2G version with battery. After connecting it to my traccar instance everything seemed to be working, but after first trip and checking traccar logs something is obviously not right.

I've set my tracker to send data every 10s when ACC is ON and every 300s when ACC is OFF. And there is the problem - ACC ON interval works well - when ignition is ON, tracker sends data every 10s but when I turn ignition off after car was moving (this problem does not occur when there were no movement) tracker does not switch to ACC OFF interval but stays in ON interval (10s in my case). A mentioned before, when there were only ignition ON/OFF with no movement, tracker switches to 300s interval. When problem is live, RESTART command fixes it - tracker notices after restart that it should send data less often. Ignition is sensed right - data in packets confirms that.

I've tried contacting seller, but well, there were no help - they asked to connect it to sinotrackpro server, on which in the same situation data appeared every 180s (on 300s set in tracker), so obviously their server is just filtering too frequent packets with ignition off. They advice on this? "Send SMS to set tracker to 180s interval" - damn, really? :D

This problem, obviously exists on other intervals like 120s, 180s, 600s. Also, when interval was greater than 420s tracker liked to just send one packet and after that stop sending anything.

Soo, anyone noticed something similar? Maybe it's just my unit broken? Maybe it's just 2G version with this bug? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Here are my RCONF and firmware version:
ST-901M8,ID:censored,UP:2649,U1:0048censored,U2:,U3:,MODE:GPRS,DAILY:OFF,POWER ALARM:ON,ACCSMS:OFF,ACCCALL:OFF,GEO FENCE:OFF,OVER SPEED:OFF,VOICE:OFF,SHAKE ALARM:OFF,SLEEP:OFF,APN:virgin-internet,,,IP:censored:5013,GPRS UPLOAD TIME 1:10,GPRS UPLOAD TIME 2:480,TIME ZONE:00

ST_901M8_V_1.1 2020/09/18

ronaldoch3 years ago

Hello, were you able to solve that problem?
I am using the same device. Everything seems to work fine until the device is in movement. Once in motion, it does not stop sending Ignition On and Off notifications until the device stops.

RCONF
ST-901M8,ID:xxxxxxxx,UP:0000,U1:,U2:,U3:,MODE:GPRS,DAILY:OFF,POWER ALARM:OFF,ACCSMS:OFF,
ACCCALL:ON,GEO FENCE:OFF,OVER SPEED:OFF,VOICE:ON,SHAKE ALARM:OFF,SLEEP:ON,APN:xxxxxxxxxx,,,IP:xxxxxxxxxxxxx,GPRS UPLOAD TIME 1:5,GPRS UPLOAD TIME 2:30,TIME ZONE:00

Shargan3 years ago

Did you checked if all connections is made properly?

My problem still exist - I've got a partial refund due to seller treating me like an idiot, but overall I came to the conclusion that it's better to have more data than I need, rather than have too little, so my tracker works like I've described before :)