ST-901 tracker location always goes to specific location

Plamen5 years ago

Hi,
i have some strange problem with my ST-901 tracker (using sino tracker server)
it is configured to use GPRS and in general i works. Showing if the car engine is ON or Off, and same for the online status - online/offline, and also i can see it moving real time on the web or the app,
But the problem is that when the cars starts moving (lets say it starts from home and i can track it online, but after several minutes device location goes to a fixed location (which i believe could the mobile cell location as it always goes there) and stays there all the time, even if i know that the car is not there, but much far away
this gets fixed by itself some time when the car is almost near home which is very weird.
So the only problem is that it doesnt show the actual location after some time of movement, but status is fine

any ideas what could be?

ST-901,ID:XXXXXXXX,UP:XXXX,U1:XXXXXXXX,U2:,U3:,MODE:GPRS,DAILY:OFF,POWER ALARM:OFF,ACCSMS:OFF,ACCCALL:OFF,GEO FENCE:OFF,OVER SPEED:OFF,VOICE:ON,SHAKE ALARM:OFF,SLEEP:ON,APN:telenorbg,,,IP:45.112.204.217:8090,GPRS UPLOAD TIME 1:20,GPRS UPLOAD TIME 2:60,TIME ZONE:E02
Piotr5 years ago

I observe similar behavior
When the device wakes up from sleep mode, it sometimes shows the previously saved location.
It seems that this is a problem with the firmware.

Plamen5 years ago

Hi Piotr.
What do you mean by the firmware problem?
Can i update it?
Not sure if i have described the problem well, as i can track the car in real time frkm time to time, but in most of the cases when the car goes through one of our main roads which we use to go to the center of the city, the software shows that the car turns from the road and goes to this 'specific' point which i mentioned and stays there,even that the car didn't turned but actually proceed straight to the centre of the city. So from this moment onwards i dint have real location of the car, just status.
Then if the car return from the same road, once it pass the same place where it got 'lost' it again start showing the car real time location till home.

Not sure if your case was the same as mine, but did you managed to solve the problem?

Piotr5 years ago

It seems not to be the same case, but buggy firmware seems to be common cause.
I didn't find any solution nor workaround for my issue.
I don't know if manufacturer provides a firmware updates.
I'm pretty sure is not...

Plamen5 years ago

today it happened again. here is an image example of how it looks visually >> https://www.screencast.com/t/ddkyqqUlt3
any suggestions and advice will be appreciated.
Can you recommend a device ?

vincent5 years ago

could be your gps reception. Are you sure it has a good gps signal?

Plamen5 years ago

Yes i am sure, something weird happens

Piotr5 years ago

Maybe there is GPS spoofer in the neighborhood ;-)
https://www.rtl-sdr.com/extensive-russian-gps-spoofing-exposed-in-report/

Plamen5 years ago

Visually when i am tracking the car, it is like magnet which pulls it to this gps position which i showed on the image when it goes through it

Plamen5 years ago

hi
i am now planning to try with a new device.
can somebody advise me if this device is good? i see that this seller sold a lot of it compared to other. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Realtime-Car-GPS-GSM-Tracker-Locator-Car-Vehicle-Motorcycle-Tracking-Device/192558337073