Teltonika FMB920 Deep Sleep

Jonathan Adams3 years ago

I am hoping someone will be able to help.

I have an Teltonika FMB920 device which I have working with Traccar but I am struggling to get the device to go into deep sleep mode.

I was wondering if someone would be able to share their configuration with me if they have got this working successfully?

Thanks

Joystick3 years ago

Hi Jonathan,

Please make sure below conditions are met as this is what caused my device not to enter deep sleep.

1. Min. Record Saving Period (Data Acquisition Mode settings) must be larger than Open Link Timeout parameter, so that FMB920 could close GPRS link;
  2. The difference between Send Period (Data Acquisition Mode settings) and Open Link Timeout must be more than 90 seconds, so that FMB920 could close GPRS link within at least 90 seconds;

Also below is a link to the sleep settings:

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB920_Sleep_modes

Hopefully it helps.

Jonathan Adams3 years ago

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked my settings and updated them following your points and the link.

I have attached some screenshots of my config (if you wouldn't mind taking a look and pointing out if there is anything glaringly obvious Im doing wrong)

https://imgur.com/a/msIvFFq

Thank you

Joystick3 years ago

Hi Jonathan,

Settings look ok to me. Is the device perhaps detecting movement or ignition still?
I see you have already posted on the Teltonika Community page. That was my next suggestion.

Deborah3 years ago

Have you read what the Teltonika manual says?
Do you meet these conditions?

• FMB1YX can enter deep sleep mode if ALL of these conditions are met:
  • FMB1YX has to be configured in Deep Sleep Mode and Sleep timeout is reached
  • Device must be synchronized time with GNSS satellites and have GPS fix;
  • Ignition (configured Ignition Source) is off.
  • Movement by accelerometer or configured movement source is not detected;
  • Min. Record Saving Period (Data Acquisition Mode settings) must be bigger than Open Link Timeout parameter, that FMB1YX could close GPRS link.
  • Send period (Data Acquisition Mode settings) minus Open Link Timeout must be more than 90 sec., that FMB1YX could close GPRS link for at least 90 sec.
  • Forced wakeup is not set;
  • Have no SMS to read;
  • Data socket(s) are close;
  • Data sending is not in progress;
  • FOTA is not in progress;

FMB1YX exits deep sleep mode when if ONE of following conditions are true:

• Movement by accelerometer or configured movement source is detected;
  • Ignition (configured Ignition Source) is turned on.