Traccar manager no connection without VPN

Michael5 years ago

Hey,

thanks for the good work!

I am using Traccar 64-Bit 4.2 on Windows. Traccar Manager works in the local network and via VPN, but not via external IP adress (static
ip).

Port 8082 is redirected to the local Traccar IP in the Router.

A scan with nmap shows for the local IP:

PORT     STATE SERVICE VERSION
8082/tcp open  http    Jetty 9.4.12.v20180830

A scan with nmap for the public IP shows no open port 8082.

Delivering data via external IP from trackers is configured and working for ports 5055 and 5002.

How to get Traccar Manager work from public internet via Port 8082?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael5 years ago

Local OS Firwall on local Traccar server is off

Ernesto Vallejo5 years ago

Double check your Traccar Server configuration files. You might have override server default port or have a duplicated entry for server configuration unnoticed.
Sometimes, when no visible error is present, must have to be one very "simple" as a missing comma, or a space, or a duplicated entry or so.
Hope this helps.

Michael5 years ago

Hi.

Thank you for your answer.

I replaced the two Traccar server configuration files with the default ones, restarted, but same problem.

What is the correct Server adress for Traccar Manager? Is it "http://my_public_dns_name:8082" ?

Any other idea?
Michael

Michael

I do not know much about windows servers.
Could it be possible that having firewall off actually turns on default values on server?
Are there different rules in the firewall for DMZ and to MZ?
Does your server require explicit open ports?
Is there an old redirect in the router that collides with your new redirect?
Is there a configuration in your router that overrides redirects?

It's the sort of things that I can come out with right now, hope any of this can lead to the right direction.

Michael5 years ago

Thanks Ernesto.

I do not know much about windows servers.

Could it be possible that having firewall off actually turns on default values on server?
Nope

Are there different rules in the firewall for DMZ and to MZ?

Nope

Does your server require explicit open ports?

What do you mean?

Is there an old redirect in the router that collides with your new redirect?

Nope

Is there a configuration in your router that overrides redirects?

Nope

I am fairly sure that the router is not the problem. Maybe I try a Linux Traccar for testing.

Michael5 years ago

Hmm, with Linux installation I have the same problem. Traccar manager works only via VPN. Strange.

If both windows and linux installations are behind the same firewall / router, your problem is there ...

Just for sake, if any of your servers do have a wireless network card, use your own cellphone LTE connection and see if it turns out different.