What device do you like the most??

darreno7 years ago

Hey everyone,

There is a lot of experience here amongst the forum.

What tracking devices do you prefer? We're looking for new options, preferably long battery life,
harsh environments (trucking).

Would you share your thoughts?

Thanks

Darren
Canada

godfreyjh7 years ago

Hi Darren

My favourite tracker is called an ODB80 it is very basic and once its set up it does its job.

It is a real cheepy but I have sold a few and use one and consider it to be very reliable. It plugs into the OBD port and is easy to fit and does not require the attention of a professional fitment centre.

If the tracker is interfered with ie pulled out of the OBD port it sends you an sms and calls you.

The best part is works well with the current Traccar software.

The other thing it is small, black in colour and easily fits into my car where is is not easily spotted.

My next Tracker that I have a lot to do with is the TK 206 it is also a very good tracker. It comes in Black and Blue also fits into the OBD port how ever we landed up spray painting the one we had matt black as it was very visible especially the blue one.

It is much bigger about the size of a small pack of cigarettes or two matchboxes next to each other side on.

Any tracker that plugs into the OBD port receives its power from the vehicle.

My choice would be the ODB 80 type if it is a case of you just want to follow the vehicle. Described as OBD Type I Discreet on my website.

If you want a few more features the type of Tracker that Traccar markets would be the one to get. It is full of useful features and supported by Traccar.

If you would like to see what these basic trackers I am talking about visit Small Vehicle Trackers

Regards

Godfrey