ZX908 Getting started

halex last year

Great job Felix,
with the 908 I had no luck with commands like STA and it is still blocked and does not anwers to any sms. Will test my 905 after holidays

Marley last year

Hello
I am glad to see others trying the ZX908 gps, I tried the 365gps app it have a habit of playing with the volume control (as if making a call) so now I am here.
Does anyone know if the French Bouygues SIMs work in the ZX908 tracker or any tracker, as I have tried two of their SIMs, but the tracker cannot get online. I tried by sending imei# but no reply

Track-trace last year

Did you try to set the apn?

halex last year

Got my 905 working now.
Works as expected with no issues. not as the 908

Marley last year

I just now checked that the sim works in a phone, calls sms are ok, and I checked what the setting apn is mmsbouygtel.com for the sim
Or am I not looking in the right place? I have seen someone suggest port setting of 5050 and not the 8080 that i saw would that change anything? as far as messaging the gps?

Welsbacher last year

Hi, I configured the zx908 using a standard SIM card to receive SMS, but it won't go online. After configuring it, I installed an M2M SIM card and it worked fine.

halex last year

no problems with wake up from deep sleep?

Welsbacher last year

With the 908 yes and I couldn't get around it. However, the 905 works perfectly

halex last year

the same for me.
The only downside is that the 905 doesn´t have a USB port

Welsbacher last year

What is your use for the USB port?

halex last year

it´s only for loading the battery on 908

Welsbacher last year

Since mine is connected directly to the power supply, I soldered it to the pads. Wouldn't soldering a female connector solve the problem for you?

halex last year

it´s worth to take in consideration, but I don´t if the 905 is capable of loading the battery. 1S/5000mAh

Marley last year

Has anybody tried a 1NCe SIM? as I think my French Bouygues Sim cannot work with the ZX908, with no response to SMS demands

Welsbacher 11 months ago

Halex....I already plugged it into a laptop battery using a stepdown converter; it takes a long time to charge, but it works.

Has anyone ever tried or succeeded in getting 905 or any other emergency number to communicate only once a day?