Traccar 3.8 WebUI Not Loading

Jake Stephens7 years ago

Hello,

I have taken the plunge and decided to do a fresh install of Traccar 3.8 on my VPS, it is running Ubuntu 14.04.

I had Traccar 3.7 running on here with no issues at all. I have reinstalled 3.8 with what I believe to be with no issues, well not that I can see in the wrapper.log or tracker-server.log. I have UFW installed on the VPS with port 80/tcp opened and the web port changed within the default.xml.
Java version, the same as I had when running 3.7.

openjdk version "1.8.0_111"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-8u111-b14-3~14.04.1-b14)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)

However the web GUI refuses to load, when I run a netstat --listening it is only listening on ssh and localhost:mysql it's not listening on 80 or any of the tracking device ports like in 3.7. It doesn't change if I disable UFW either.

If I manually run sudo /opt/traccar/bin/startDaemon.sh it returns:

************* STARTING traccar ***********************

Service traccar started

Nov 26, 2016 1:00:26 AM org.rzo.yajsw.os.posix.PosixService getPid
INFO: wrapper pid file: /run/wrapper.traccar.pid
Nov 26, 2016 1:00:27 AM org.rzo.yajsw.os.posix.PosixService getPid
Nov 26, 2016 1:00:27 AM org.rzo.yajsw.os.posix.PosixService getPid
Service traccar started

But still not listening on 80 or the default installed port for that matter (allowed through UFW too).

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Jake

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

I guess there is some problem with your config.

Fleetracker7 years ago

Hi
I have the same problem too after an update from 3.3 version to 3.8.
A word Mr Tananaev regarding new conf and script files : default.xml (only DB info ?), startDaemonNoPriv.sh, ...
BR

You shouldn't touch default config. If you want to change something, put it into traccar.xml.

To start service use "startDaemon.sh".

Jake Stephens7 years ago

So if I say wanted to change the web port to something other than 8082. Would I keep <entry key='web.port'>8082</entry> in the default.xml but copy it to traccar.xml and change the port there? Or would I need to remove it from the default.xml and keep the new port in the traccar.xml ?

Do not modify "default.xml". Just add the same parameter to the "traccar.xml", it will override default value.

Dirk7 years ago

So if I'm reading this right. To change to login page you just have to edit the traccar.xml file and that's it?

Thanks,

Dirk

@Dirk, what do you mean?

Dirk7 years ago

If someone wants to update the look of the login page, what needs to be changed? I'd like to develop a custom login page.

Thanks!

Dirk

How did you get the idea that you should change it in the traccar.xml? That's not correct. I don't see anything even remotely related to customization of the login page in this thread. Your question seems to be completely unrelated to the topic. I would recommend creating a separate thread.