Setting the Speed Limit and Speed Limit Notifications

tamati8 years ago

In the config file the entry key event.globalSpeedLimit is where to define the speed limit right?? I set to 60 and in traccar i set server speed to kmph. Does this mean that the speed limit set in config will be 60kmph??

Reason why im asking is because I got a exceed speed notification via mail and speed was just 41. There was no units for the speed. It just says Exeeds the speed: 41.13. Would be nice to have the unit in the mail notification. And have I done it right in config.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Speed limit is in km/h as far as I know, but the actual speed value is in knots. I know it's a bit confusing and we plan to fix the issue at some point.

tamati8 years ago

Good to know. Looking forward to the fix. Any time on when this will be fixed. I have a bit of programming experience so you reckon I may be able to push this fix for Traccar on my Traccar server.

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Feel free to send my a pull request if you can fix it.

andsdoug7 years ago

Does anyone may help me how enable this function speedLimit by device?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Just set "speedLimit" attribute for device. What exactly is the difficulty?

Malkit Singh7 years ago

Hi Anton,
I did save speedLimit in attributes of a device, what unit it actually saves in? I mean when I set something in attributes lets say for speedLimit does it get stored as knots, km/h or depends upon speed unit setting of the traccar server?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

It's in knots.