How to connect sql server 2012 with traccar

Yow7 years ago

Hi guys,i'm trying to connect traccar with sql server 2012,is there anyone tried this before??and are the tables generate automatically??

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Have you tried searching for an answer?

https://www.traccar.org/ms-sql/

Yow7 years ago

thank you ser for the tool you have made,its really helpful, i want to connect traccar with sql server instead of h2, i did the changes that you have mentioned in the doc but nothing happened: heres the code:
traccar.xml:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<!DOCTYPE properties SYSTEM 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/properties.dtd'>

<properties>

<!--

This is the main configuration file. All your configuration parameters should be placed in this file.

Default configuration parameters are located in the "default.xml" file. You should not modify it to avoid issues
    with upgrading to a new version. Parameters in the main config file override values in the default file. Do not
    remove "config.default" parameter from this file unless you know what you are doing.

For list of available parameters see following page: https://www.traccar.org/configuration-file/

-->

<entry key="config.default">./conf/default.xml</entry>

<!-- <entry key='database.driver'>org.h2.Driver</entry>
    <entry key='database.url'>jdbc:h2:./data/database</entry>
    <entry key='database.user'>sa</entry>
    <entry key='database.password'></entry>   -->

<entry key=’database.driverFile’>C:\sqljdbc_6.0\enu\jre8\sqljdbc42.jar</entry>
     <entry key='database.driver'>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</entry>
     <entry key='database.url'>jdbc:sqlserver://HP-PC\SQLEXPRESSS;user=sa;password=sql2012;databaseName=Test;</entry>
     <entry key='database.user'>sa</entry>
     <entry key='database.password'>sql2012</entry>

</properties>

another question ser, can i use spring boot for depandancy injection???

Yow7 years ago

ser..every change i had made in the traccar.xml file doesnt impact on the app, the app always point at h2,so what is the issue???

Yow7 years ago

maybe i have to restart traccar services, how to do that??

Obviously you have to restart the service. Like any other system service.

Also, please don't spam everywhere with your question. If you asked on forum, there is no need to duplicate it on GitHub, and vice versa.

Yow7 years ago

thank u ser for the answer but how i restart the service..??

I'm assuming that you are on Windows, correct? You go into control panel, open services there, and restart "traccar" service. As I said, standard way.

Yow7 years ago

ok..i will try then i will get u back..thank u

Yow7 years ago

"traccar" doesnt appear in the service list, i restart the pc to ensure that all the services are restarted, but the same issue,traccar keep using h2 as a database

Yow7 years ago

i dont use the .exe one i'm using the code source, i import it into netbeans and i want to use sql server instead of h2

So, you are not using official release. I would recommend to use official version if you don't have Java experience.