Since 3.10 Installed, the server would be inaccessible sometime

halshehri7 years ago

Hello All,

I had very stable 3.9 installations. I have set up new server on 3.10 (completely new not an upgrade) on top of ubuntu.

During the past week, I had three times a case when the server isn't accessible online. The server stopped working @ 3:20 p.m. I checked the log and I'm not sure if what I have found leads to any conclusion. Please find the abnormal lines sorted according to the same day timeline.

The following happened so many times and still happening in "tracker-server.log":

2017-03-08 10:05:18  WARN: Incorrect string value: '\xD8\xB1\xD9\x82\xD9\x85...' for column 'address' at row 1 - SQLException (... < QueryBuilder:473 < DataManager:296 < DefaultDataHandler:27 < ...)

Then in "wrapper.log.20170308" log file the following been logged:

INFO|wrapper|Service traccar|17-03-08 15:23:26|waitpid 1700 9
INFO|wrapper|Service traccar|17-03-08 15:23:26|exit code posix process: 9 application: 0

Thank you in advance

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

The error from "tracker-server.log" indicates that you have some character encoding problem in your database.

The message from "wrapper.log" just means that server has been stopped. It doesn't provide any information about the reasons.

halshehri7 years ago

Thank you, Anton, for your response. Anywhere else I can find more information about what's wrong? As I'm not aware of any other logging.

I would start with providing more information from the wrapper log.

Also, how much free resources do you have on your server?

halshehri7 years ago

Wrapper log doesn't have much. All the logging in the same day contains:

FINEST|1700/0|Service traccar|17-03-08 15:13:07|Wed Mar 08 15:13:07 UTC 2017 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.

It's around 300 records with the same info. Do you think the log isn't enabled on the highest level? I remember it was configured to "All".

Anyway, my server specs aren't that great. It was pretty much sufficient for 3.9 with a higher load than now. I can increase it if it is the issue.
Specs: 512 MB Memory / 20 GB Disk / FRA1 - Ubuntu 16.04.2 x64

Memory before the crash was running between 84-88% utilization and at the point before the crash, it reaches to 90% then boom :).

OK, that explain the problem. You need at least 1GB of memory to run Traccar.

halshehri7 years ago

Will do that. Thank you so much.