Reviewing previous GPS time logs

xynergy7 years ago

When I search the history of previous GPS entries, there is an approximate 8 hour difference between my local time and the time in the database when I specify To and From.

How do I change the time to be equivalent to my local time?

The time stamp for "Last Update" is equal to my local time.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

What protocol are you using? Server expects UTC time from device. Are you sure your device reports in UTC timezone?

xynergy7 years ago

Device S228, Protocol Gator.

I am not sure what timezone the device reports in, i will investigate this further. I was uncertain where the server gets its time tags from.

Does "Last Update" also use the time from the device, or from the host machine because "Last Update" reflects the correct time.

"Last Update" time is server time when last message from device was received. That's why it's correct.

xynergy7 years ago

I spoke to the manufacturers in China and they insisted I needed to use their platform to send commands to the device to modify the timezone and the change the update rate of the device. I think traccar would be able to do this, or it is a feature that I can try to implement.

What specific questions should I ask to learn more about the format their platform would send the command? Would these type of commands be part of the gator protocol and listed in the technical documentation?

You should ask for full protocol documentation. Traccar can send commands in general and it's supported for many protocols, but not for gator at the moment.