[help] About using an emulator or a phone device

xplane257 years ago

Hello all,

Let me explain my case :

I have a windows server 2012 (remote). On the road i have tracker tk103 clone ( i will get it in a few days).

Question : Do you know a tracker emulator or something ? I have a phone with gps inside, is there an easy way ? I would like to test the server this week end if possible.

Thx in adv for your help

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

You can install Traccar Client app on your phone and test it with the server.

xplane257 years ago

Thx it work but i have questions about that. On a phone, your application (Traccar client) use a 6 digit id (at least on my phone 556xxx).

Question 1 : If it was a gps tracker (tk-xxx etc...), the id is the imei ? That's what i will need to put in the server ?

Question 2 : i see "TCP port 5055". Is it the defaut port of my server ?

Question 3 : I can access with a computer or a phone at my server ( http://x.x.x.x:8082 ) but when i use the traccar manager it failed. Is it because i have to put a domain name ? Can't it be an ip ?

1. Usually IMEI, but it can be some other id. If you put wrong one, you can always check logs for the correct id.

2. Port 5055 is for Traccar Client only. For other devices ports are different. Check "Device" page.

3. You are missing "http://" at the beginning.

xplane257 years ago

Thanks for your help but i don't get one thing :

I see there are different port on hardware tracker, example : TK103-xexun use the 5006 port, TK104 is 5001, ...

Question : Where i have to put the port number ? When you add a device on the server you have the unique id/imei ok but i don't see anywhere a place to put a port number.

Is it on the tracker itself ? You have to tell him which port use ? It doesn't know himself which port using ?

Or you just have to be sure to have the port open on your server ? (by using netstats).

Ps: Sorry if my question is dumb :(

Port is configured on the device side, not server.

xplane257 years ago

Ok thx i see :)

Nonetheless, its strange to tell which port using to the device. Since each device have his own port, why the device don't know his own and only port himself ?

Am i crazy or it sound strange ?

Port numbers can be different in different tracking systems. There is no "own and only" port.

xplane257 years ago

So we can tell that each device can use a lot of port BUT only one is "compatible and good" to traccar server ?

Better ? :)

Traccar has a dedicated port for each protocol, so there is one port that would work for your device.