Smart City - Traccar Open Source Tracking Project - your thoughts?

darreno7 years ago

Anton, everyone,

We have been very impressed with Traccar and wondered if there is interest from members of this group to share knowledge and experiences to create an Open Source Smart City Tracking project using Traccar server as the foundation.

Transportation is one of the key costs to any city, town, and businesses.

In the past year we have tested Traccar server with various GPS tracking units, Global SIMs, Lithium Thionyl Chloride Batteries, and we thought you all may be interested in sharing concepts, knowledge, ideas, data to build an Open Source Smart City Tracking project.

Your thoughts?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

You should probably provide some more details about the project, and what your thoughts and expectations are.

Norm7 years ago

Darreno, I am interested in collaborating if you still are. I have been looking for something like this for a while.

darreno7 years ago

Norm,

Excellent. I am meeting with our partner, EllisDon Managed Services, today: http://www.ellisdon.com/service/managed-services/

We have a Canadian initiative to showcase the future of Smart City applications from our Federal Government and an open source Smart Transportation application based on Traccar is a great foundation.

We have tested Traccar, Remora and Oyster trackers, with Lithium Thionyl Chloride batteries for unbelievable performance.

Let's discuss via email or website and also here. I will reach out to Anton and ask if Traccar is interested in showcasing this open source platform with us. You can reach me directly at IoTaas@green-protocol.com to arrange

darreno7 years ago

The Smart City Transportation application is a simple concept:

Visualize geolocation data using Traccar as the platform.

Geolocation data means several things: vehicle location, road construction location, smart parking - empy/full location

Let's assume the geolocation above: 3 layers presented on Traccar map. Select a layer view for vehicle location, road construction or smart parking.

We at Green-Protocol now have Wifi, LoRa or 3G based sensors.

We have already provided Anton with our protocol being used through port 5137.

Green-Protocol can provide sensors based in Toronto Canada that can be configured to push data to your server copy of Traccar on Port 5137.

Our concept: Conceive, Create, Collaborate and Conquer

More information to follow in this forum or via twitter green_protocol