Tracking offline client

cuwid7 years ago

Hi @Anton Tananaev,
does the clinet should always connect to the server for tracking?
or maybe the client still record the position event its not connected to server and save them on a temporary file then send all coordinats to the server when it has a conntection to server. So server still have the record of the client movement when its offline

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

It can record data GPS data even when it's offline and then send it when network connection becomes available.

cuwid7 years ago

What a great apps. It's more than enough for basic tracking.
I think i can develop report on MSSQL reporting service server for my future need.
and thanks a lot for responding.
i've try it and yes, it can buffer the location data when offline, send it to server when online. and show the track on the map.
little advice if you don't mind, as the google map is most popular map, may be you can use it as default map for traccar

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Google Maps are very expensive.

Jeremy Carnus5 years ago

Hi
I use the 5.16 android version and the client seems not able to collect data when offline. Does something need to be configured ?
Thanks

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

What accuracy are you using?

Jeremy Carnus5 years ago

Medium

Medium accuracy uses network location provider, so it won't work without network connection.

Jeremy Carnus5 years ago

I see, so only high will works. When using high, the map icon is always shown, whereas i want to report each 20 minute. Is it normal ?

It depends on other settings (distance/angle) and your phone OS as well.

Jeremy Carnus5 years ago

I see, how can i disabled angle and distance. I am not able to xlear the value . thanks

Put zero value.

Jeremy Carnus5 years ago

This is what i have. There is no way to avoid using the gps all the time ? Or to use the gps when the network is not available ?