Add "schema" folder to built jar

kylemulder7 years ago

Hi Anton,

Could you please update your pom file to include the schema folder in the jar file? As I am using traccar as a dependency in my maven, and don't want to reference a fixed path to include the traccar-master schema in my master schema and would like to reference it via package name.

Kind Regards,

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

I would need a better argument than the fact that it works better for your particular case. Also, you should be using GitHub for such requests.

kylemulder7 years ago

If the schema was included in the built jar file, then people would simply be able to put the jar file in their maven repos and can easily then use it as a dependency. However, currently the repo needs to be checked out in order to import traccar-master schema in my project where traccar is a dependency. I also need to use a fixed path to the traccar-master schema. Should I not have the repo checked out, then traccar as a dependency does not install it's table's.

The better argument here is that should someone want to use your library as a dependency, we need to copy the schema files into our own project in order to create the default tables that traccar require's.

I will put this on Github as well.

Thnaks.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

OK, let's discuss it on GitHub.