Changing the look of the login page

Dirk7 years ago

If someone wants to update the look of the login page, what needs to be changed? I’d like to develop a custom login page.

I just want to make sure nothing gets miss kr screw things up.

Thanks,

Dirk

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Here is the UI code for the login page:

https://github.com/tananaev/traccar-web/blob/master/web/app/view/Login.js

After changing it, you would have to compile the minified JavaScript code. There is a script in the "tools" folder for that, but it requires some dependencies.

Dirk7 years ago

Ok thanks Anton! I found the other files that I would need to update are the index file and the logo.svg file. I found out how to do the minification. My question is does it matter if you just do each file after you change it or wait and do the whole directory? Sorry this whole js is a new twist for me.

Thanks!

Dirk

You can change file by file, but every time you change any JavaScript code, you have to compile a minified version.

Dirk7 years ago

I want to make sure that I don't mess things up. I need more information to know where the minify script is supposed to be uploaded to. The npm is not working on my server to install the minify script. Can I just upload the correct files to the server instead via ftp?

Sorry I'm not a javascript programmer nor am i much of a command line guru. This minify looks pretty simple once you have things in the right place i'm sure. Anyone that can give me more of an idea what I'm supposed to be doing would be greatly appreciated.

The files I need to update are the index file, and change the logo.svg. Thanks in advance for your help.

Dirk

I'm not sure why you would need an npm to run the script. It's just a shell script. Make your changes and run the script. That's it.

lfiallos7 years ago

Hi Anton,

do you have any example how to run the shell script ?

Like this:

./minify.sh
lfiallos7 years ago

the command return this error:

Error

could it be the dependencies that you talked about in last messages ?

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about.

Malouda Don6 years ago

Hi,@Anton the link Link you gave is not working anymore,and after changing do i need to build from source and deploy to my server!? in other words how do i deploy the changed files to my server!?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

You would need to find new location of the file, but it should still be there somewhere. Yes, you need to build minified version. To deploy you just copy the files.

m3irastreadores4 years ago

Good morning, I want to customize login and password on my traccar, could help me. I want to leave only the part of the email and password showing and remove the white background of the login and password, I want to make it transparent. thankful

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

Contact support. We provide customization services.