Google Maps ,Idling time and paid services

mohanand7 years ago

Peace upon you "As we saying in my country"
Hi

I would like to discuss here some ideas to be added to Traccar:

1- Google maps: regarding to google's terms

No access to APIs or Content except through the Service. You will not access the Maps API(s) or the Content except through the Service. For example, you must not access map tiles or imagery through interfaces or channels (including undocumented Google interfaces) other than the Maps API(s).

So we cannot use tile server legally to add google maps, and I have seen lots of requests for google maps, it would be great improvement to add google maps using API.

2- Idling time: Idling time is a nice report which is highly demand in the market, I have no idea about implementing this report but it seems easy by integrating "stops" report and filtering it by showing "io1=1" or "ignition = 1" which mean "engine on" and then do time calculation which implemented in "summery" report for each same sequentially repeated "address" or longitude and latitude.
Also adding a stop duration which show these values live in "state" box for each stop duration while "engine is on" and add it to the notifications, and then send notification after the duration that have been sat by the user.

3-Traffic Layer: add traffic layer will be great feature, either for Bing map or google map in the future or next update "I wish".

4- clusters and hide devices: I have too many devices running on small area, and it is annoying me that I cannot see my devices clearly, adding hide feature for each device in the map will be great update, also google maps has developed something called clustering which will solve the problem also, implementing these two features will be great.

I know that some feature is not easy to implement and talking is easier than doing. My coding skills are limited but I am really willing to spend my time to help. Also I am willing to pay for implementing these features if they are implementable and I am sure there are many people who are willing to pay also and they have more ideas. I think people have unclear idea about traccar paid service including me, it will be nice to clear your paid services.

I would like to suggest that if these features needs a big budget, you should make kick-starter project for these improvements or by making lists of improvements and make separate projects on kickstarter and I will be the first one who will join and fund, and I am sure people are so.
I know I have said "I am sure that people..." many times, as a business owner and as a one of there people in GPS tracking market, I received many requests for these features.

At the end all the work that have been already done by Traccar team is more than perfect, and I am sure that every one including me is appreciating this great work.

Note: sorry for any mistakes in my English, it is not my mother language.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago
  1. I believe you can if you get a proper license from Google. Free license doesn't allow it, as you correctly pointed out.

2. There is already stops report. Maybe we can add extra column to show if engine was ON.

3. For any feature requests and improvement ideas use Github. Applies to other points in this list as well.

4. It's already possible to hide devices by using filtering. Clustering would be nice, but it's just too complicated to implement.

Kickstarter might be a good idea to fund some major improvements.

darreno7 years ago

I am also interested in the recommendations, will look at Github.

Also agree that Kickstarter is a very good idea.

Anton I would also like to talk to you about hiring you for custom work.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

If you want to discuss some work, feel free to send us an email. You can use email address from support page.