How to Change Notification Email Template

halshehri7 years ago

Hello Everyone,

A couple of previous versions, I managed to change the template of the message from DB. I assume this has changed to be done through attributes instead. Nonetheless, I couldn't find any documentation to change the content of the subject or the body. Can you help me with that?

Regards

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Templates were never in the database. All template files are under "templates" folder in Traccar root directory. You can change both subject and body for emails.

halshehri7 years ago

Thank you so much. It worked pretty well.

For DB, I remember a couple of releases back, I was able to modify the template from the administration. However, due to some reason I wasn't able to save changes. So I have done it through DB and it worked for that version till I upgraded. I think that one was for pushbullet.

Anyway, thank you for this tip. it worked.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Sounds like you are talking about Vitaly's unofficial version. Official Traccar never had pushbullet and templates in the database.

halshehri7 years ago

Well, that explains many things. You are right I have played around some unofficial versions sometimes back and I have completely forgotten about them.

Also, I ran into so many troubles during the upgrade and I couldn't explain what was going on at that time.

Will never do it again.

Thank you so much, Anton. That helped a lot.

Dmitry4 years ago

I see that not all html tags are supported in the body of a Notification Email Template message. Tell me which tags can be used, for example, to highlight text in a message.
Thank you for your cooperation.