Notification on hard stop/brake

Nikiu7 years ago

Yep. SMTP is configured, preconfigured email notifications work well. I think I have enabled alarms in the settings.

What is supposed to happen when I test the attribute? Shall I get an email? If yes, it isn't working.

If the message on screen (as the previous screenshot) is all I should get, then I suppose it is working and I just have to wait for real life scenarios to happen so I can get the notification from Traccar.

Otherwise I suspect, as you already said, we need to map whatever event code or parameter Teltonika sends to the alarm key. In that case, I'll try and get Teltonika's support to assist me.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

No, you won't get email on test.

Nikiu7 years ago

I contacted Teltonika about the event code in case of hard brake and they asked back like 10 questions about me, the company, the device, the provider. I felt like I was being interrogated about handling some highly classified device and didn't write them back :)))

Anyways, did some more googling and managed to find Teltonika protocol here and the expression I needed: harsh.braking.event.trigger boolean

Then I entered it like below and when I test it, it says False.

Screenshot

I put the attribute as Motion because all other options above it were String type and not Boolean type. You think looks right?

No, that's completely wrong. You can only use attributes that you see in Traccar.

Nikiu7 years ago

OK, then I just have to wait for the event to trigger, as in my second to last post. I'm deleting this one.

Thanks a lot for your patience and availability in record time.

Nikiu7 years ago

I started getting emails on the computed attributes, as the screenshot shows.

Screenshot

However, both cars are parked and the trigger HardBraking happens to be the oldest I've created. If I delete it, the next one will trigger, the "shock" alarm event. Do you think Traccar interprets some other signal as alarm? It's so frequent, like 6-7 times per second, every 1-2 minutes.

Could it also be related to the Alarm attribute in Computed Attributes? Shall I try another one, like Raw or Event or Status instead of Alarm?

What do you mean if it could be related? It is definitely related to the alarm attribute.

Nikiu7 years ago

I mean, why is the car sending an alarm back while it is parked in a private underground garage? Maybe it is sending a notification as event and Traccar interprets it as alarm due to the way I have created it under computed attributes. I tried changing it from alarm to event but I didn't see any change and just deleted it and disabled notifications, it was becoming more and more persisting.

It's your alarm, so I guess there is something wrong with the computed attribute.