Save requests sizes

gpadider7 years ago

Hello again Anton, hello everyone,

I would like to save any tcp packet size that comes in or out of the traccar server to my tracker.
Because i would like to monitor my data consumption of my sim card (I can't exceed 50mo per month). In 6 days with timer set to 15 seconds I consumed 6,5mo so it will be ok. But I want to be sure i don't exceed 50 mo because I will have to pay for extra data.
That's why I would like to log or store in db each packet size to see the consumption during the month.

Also, do you know if it's possible to shutdown the tracker or stop GPRS (GT06 protocol) with a tcp command, or maybe it's only possible via SMS ?

Thanks !

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

You can use database.saveOriginal to store raw data in HEX format in the database.

gpadider7 years ago

Thank you very much Anton :)

I will try to save only the size of the tcp packet in database and maybe send you a pull request, now I know how to do that :)

I just want to note that HEX is only payload data. It doesn't include any TCP or other higher lever protocol headers. There is also TCP connection overhead and acknowledgement messages.

gpadider7 years ago

Ok thanks I understand. So HEX that comes in AND out of the server ?
I will try to find a common size for a generic tcp packet without the payload ;)

That's TCP and UDP payload data, both in and out.

gpadider7 years ago

thanks !