SMS settings

davejh6 years ago

PORT 1775 is the port on smsglobals computer listening for requests. nothing to do with your traccar server. your config looks good.
Silly question but have you bought some credits on smsglobal? Also have you configured the traccar admin account to use the number you have in the config. And have configured the individual traccar notifications by checking the sms boxes of the notification types you want to send

Sean6 years ago

Dave I would think there is many reading this, though you appear to be the only one that is helpful, I would have thought the Forum was for everyone that is interested in Traccar to help one another, Perhaps thats not the case?

So if we can ask each and every member to help if and where is possible? as I must be missing something.

If I ask for help on each part of the setup? Perhaps this may help others when they need to do same.

Lets start with Traccar

<entry key="sms.smpp.enable">true</entry>                                                                       is this correct?
<entry key="sms.smpp.host">smsglobal.com</entry>                                                          I am using smsglobal so all good
<entry key="sms.smpp.port">1775</entry>                                                                          I assume I dont need to change this as used by smsglobal                          
<entry key="sms.smpp.username">mysmsglobalusername</entry>                                    I got my username from smsglobal api
<entry key="sms.smpp.password">mysmsglobalpass</entry>                                             I got my password from smsglobal
<entry key="sms.smpp.notificationsCharset">GSM</entry>                                                 left this as default
<entry key="sms.smpp.notificationsDataCoding">0</entry>                                                left this as default
<entry key="sms.smpp.sourceAddress">+441234567890</entry>                                       i added my own cell number and verified it, is that ok?

<entry key="sms.smpp.password">mysmsglobalpass</entry>   ref password enter as **********.smsglobal????????

ok well if all of the above is correct?

I have pasted this below my email setup in the traccar config

Do i need to open any ports in traccar?

OK now lets look at SMSGLOBAL
I setup new Account
I added $10
I have credit
I have sent test text to my phone from SMSGLOBAL to confirm that works ok- received ok
I have added my own cell number and verified it,
I have added my own cell number and several other numbers in the contacts

Now what i have been doing to test if the SMS works?
go to account on the traccar menu
click on the wee envelope at the bottom of the account screen, I received test email in a few seconds to confirm email works ok- all good

But i then get a few seconds later a message of error reading below

System error - 
IllegalStateException 
(SmppClient:220 
NotificationSms:48 
NotificationResource:74 

So if anyone would be kind enough to try help? and save my LAPTOP from ending up in the read garden lol

Thank you in advance

Sean6 years ago

GOT IT WORKING
WAS MISSING THE MOBILE NUMBER IN THE ADMIN

Sean6 years ago

Hi Dave have you traccar sending you SMS with a number? or company name?

davejh6 years ago

Sean I have found members of this forum to be very helpful in the past. Particularly Anton. You have your solution now. I just think it's a little disrespectful to say Perhaps that's not the case. Patience is a virtue my friend. People have lives to live and cant always reply or may not have the knowledge to help. Anyway good look with Traccar.

Sean6 years ago

Davejh I agree 100% and I know Anton is one of the first to help when he is free, though with so many members you were one of few with Anton to Help.

Agree got almost sorted thank to your help.

if you could maybe help with two small problems

if i send a test message from the little envelope, I get the test message by email, but not from SMS, I still get the error window.

I have also set my own cell to as the sender on SMS from SMSGLOBAL, Is there an easy way to have a name or company rather than a number?

I see if I send an SMS manual I can type any name i like up to 11 letters

Thanks Dave and Anton and all for your help

davejh6 years ago

Not sure if you can set name as the sender I'll have a look at that. If your getting sms messages to the administration but not to the user I would say everything is working OK. Have you set the mobile number in the user's configuration?

davejh6 years ago

I've just started testing a android app that collects the admin notifications from your email box and sends them by sms. It's working very well so with a bit of extra tweaking I am going to try to make it work with user notifications as well. My goal is to eliminate the need to use smsglobal which has not been so reliable for me over late. Once I have everything working 100% I'll post the solution here

Sean6 years ago

Many thanks Dave sounds very interesting, Smsglobal seems to be working fine for me to date, though only using a day.......

if i send test message from traccar, it send fine from email, but not the SMS, Though the SMS is working for alerts geofence etc.

REF: smsglobal, i noticed if you setup email to SMS it blocks the URL that traccar adds in the message and refuses to forward

asancheznc6 years ago

Hello, I was a few days for health problems, I see that the link grew so good, they sent me this textMagic information, I understand that nobody works with that but maybe I can give some reference, I have not been able to have positive results I still have the same everyone's problems.

Please recheck your parameters: https://www.textmagic.com/docs/api/send-sms/
All the possible response codes that you can get from the TextMagic API are described here: https://www.textmagic.com/docs/api/response-codes/

Your API credentials can be checked/created here (username and password): https://my.textmagic.com/online/api/rest-api/keys
PS: the mobile number should be without the leading plus sign.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards