How to manual - thread

Sean6 years ago

@Anton I hope you don't mind my input here?

I have read the forum from start to finish and I have noticed that to get different features working that one may need or like to use, we have to search for some time to try find the solution.

I also read with interest that one or two members are trying to write a detailed manual.

So what I would like to add is a THREAD for all to add their own contributions, this will not only help all the members, but also save @Anton lots of time having to help members like myself and many others trying to find and get the simple tasks to work.

if we could have all the features in a list, so we may cut and paste, with the details of where to add etc, with the most common day to day features that most of us use.

If all would take the time to add to the thread, in a matter of weeks we could have ONE Thread that all can check, before asking for help.
ie:
Email notifications setup
SMS notifications setup
Geo-locations setup etc:

if we could also have a detailed list of what 3.15 has to offer and how to set these features up, as looking though the drop-down box in the attributes there is features there that myself and many others have not got a clue what they are for and how to get up and running.

So if I could get the Ball rolling

Email Setup: For Notifications:

your EMAIL setup is in conf folder, edit the traccar,xml and NOT the default.xml file
DONT FORGET TO RESTART TRACCAR

<entry key='mail.smtp.host'>smtp.YOUR-EMAIL-HERE</entry>
<entry key='mail.smtp.port'>this port will differ with supplier</entry>
<entry key='mail.smtp.ssl.enable'>true</entry>
<entry key='mail.smtp.from'>@YOUR-EMAIL-HERE</entry>
<entry key='mail.smtp.auth'>true</entry>
<entry key='mail.smtp.username'>@YOUR-EMAIL-HERE</entry>
<entry key='mail.smtp.password'>YOUR-OWN-PASSWORD-HERE</entry>

SMS-SETUP

your SMS setup is in conf folder, edit the traccar,xml and NOT the default.xml file

Using SMS Global here, you have to register to recieve your own KEY etc

<entry key='sms.smpp.enable'>true</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.host'>smsglobal.com</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.port'>1775</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.username'>YOUR OWN USERNAME HERE</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.password'>YOUR-OWN-PASSWORD-HERE</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.notificationsCharset'>GSM</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.notificationsDataCoding'>0</entry>
<entry key='sms.smpp.sourceAddress'>SENDER NAME</entry>

Geo-Coder setup

your GEO-CODER setup is in conf folder, edit the traccar,xml and NOT the default.xml file

This is the basic setup using Nomination, you will need to setup your own account to receive a KEY

<entry y='geocoder.enable'>true</entry>
<entry key='geocoder.type'>nominatim</entry>
<entry key='geocoder.url'>https://locationiq.org/v1/reverse.php</entry>
<entry key='geocoder.key'>YOUR-OWN-KEY</entry>

If we could Kindly ask @Anton and all other members to add their penny worth
Thank you

Bhumit Gada6 years ago

Using MySQL Database.

1. Download and Install MySQL community Server from here https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/windows/installer/5.7.html
  2. Create a user for MySQL with necessary privileges.
  3. Create a new database with the name of your choice. Make sure you use InnoDB engine for the database.

Edit your traccar.xml as below

Replace this

<entry key='database.driver'>org.h2.Driver</entry>
<entry key='database.url'>jdbc:h2:/home/user/Documents/traccar/target/database</entry>
<entry key='database.user'>sa</entry>
<entry key='database.password'></entry>

With this

<entry key='database.driver'>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</entry> 
<entry key='database.url'>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/[YOUR DATABASE NAME]?useSSL=false&amp;allowMultiQueries=true&amp;autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=yes&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8&amp;sessionVariables=sql_mode=''</entry>
<entry key='database.user'>[YOUR DATABASE USER]</entry> 
<entry key='database.password'>[YOUR DATABASE PASSWORD]</entry>

If your Database and traccar are on different server then replace localhost with the address of your database server.

Finally restart TRACCAR

Sean6 years ago

@Bhumit Gada

Thank you for taking your time to add to this thread, Yours is easy to read and understand, all we now need is others to do same.

Sean6 years ago

@Anton or any other members please add the correct filters? and explain what each does

IE: Some devices sometimes send a non-standard and random position, usually several Hundred kilometres from the correct position.

as well as filters to apply to stop repeat locations when device is stationary for some time in same location

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I don't mind, but please make sure you provide correct information. For example this is not always correct:

<entry key='mail.smtp.host'>smtp.YOUR-EMAIL-HERE</entry>
<entry key='mail.smtp.username'>@YOUR-EMAIL-HERE</entry>

The first line is especially confusing. Should I put smtp.anton@traccar.org there? Obviously not.

Sean6 years ago

@Anton
Thank you for correcting mine, I edited my details to keep private, perhaps slip of my fingers

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I didn't correct anything. I just pointed out the problem. You should probably fix it because otherwise you will cause more issues for newbies instead of actually helping them.