Sever displaying devicetime and fixtime well in the future from an Android phone

stevenseh7 years ago

The Gui displays the "Last Update" date/time correctly (top right quadrant), but the "time" in the State quadrant (bottom right) is a date far in the future (2017-02-12T00:00:00.000+0000).
This happens for one of my devices (Android) since ~12/26/2016. Before that date it was fine. It does not happen for another device (iPhone).
The API reports the wrong date from the State quadrant in both the deviceTime and FixTime fields, but not the Last Update from the Gui.
I checked the time of the Android and is is correct.
What may be causing this?
Thanks for your help!
Eric

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

Time reported by Traccar Client is taken from the phone or GPS module in the phone, so there must have been some issue with the phone. Possibly a temporary issue.

The problem now is that because you "last" position if from the future, Traccar won't update it, because it's considered the latest by date and time. One option is to re-create device. Alternatively, if you are familiar with SQL, you can fix it manually in the database.

stevenseh7 years ago

Deleting and re-creating the device in the web portal did the trick! Thanks for your help!

markus6 years ago

Hi Anton!
Sometimes it happens that a device sends a devicetime in the later future. For example yesterday one device had a devicetime = 2018-12-24 ......
I know how to fix it manually on the database. Just to delete the affected entry within the positions table and afterwards restart the traccar-service.
Now my question, is there a way to let traccar automatically fix this issue?
Thank you very much!
Yours
Markus

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

There is an option to filter future time.

markus6 years ago

Thank you Anton. Just set the filter.future to 60 seconds.
Have a nice day!