Odometer/Distance/Total Distance Set/Edit/Change

raul6 years ago

Hi,

Where can i update the totaldistance attribute? Is there a way to update it the web interface?
I've tried to update even the last position of a device and the new position doesn't count from that.

Thanks

raul6 years ago

Me again,

I've managed to set TotalDistance by selecting the car from devices, then in the computing attributes have set the TotalDistance in meters. But then every position has the same TotalDistance(the one that was set). After removing the TotalDistance attribute, the counting starts from the one that was set previously. I have the latest version of traccar server. I remember in one previous version this procedure was simpler. We need to update periodically(30days) the TotalDistance to be the same with the odometer so that any discrepancies between the car's odometer and the TotalDistance to be minimal.

Could you please guide me if i'm doing something wrong.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

There is a special button in the web app to set total distance. It's available for admin user only.

Vitor Reis6 years ago

Hello Anton, which special button is this? Where do I find it?

Sorry, in the last release it was actually moved to device drop-down menu. The menu item is called "Device Distance".

Lucas Bastos6 years ago

Hello, Anton

It is still a bit obscure to me.

This drop-down menu is the 'Settings' button on the Devices tab? I have the latest version and it shows up only following options: "Drivers; Geofences; Notifications; Computed Attributes; Saved Commands"

raul6 years ago

Login with a admin user or give admin permission to your user if you have admin access.

Lucas Bastos6 years ago

I am logged in with an admin user. Does this option appear for you on the 'Settings' button inside Devices tab?

raul6 years ago

Select a device from devices tab, click on the gear icon.

Screenshot

Lucas Bastos6 years ago

Which version of traccar are you using? I am with version 3.16.

raul6 years ago

I think i have 3.15

Lucas Bastos6 years ago

I think 3.16 should have broken somehow this functionality. I checked here the v3.14 and actually it has also the "Device Distance" command. Thank you for attention!

Nothing is broken. Functionality is there in 3.16.

Lucas Bastos6 years ago

Sorry, not the 3.16 taged version. But this following:

https://github.com/traccar/traccar/pull/3870

As I built this feature request in my machine those extra config button was gone.

Unless you know what you are doing, I would recommend to stick to official release.