Events Stopped Recording

dashmeet7 years ago

One of my devices, was unplugged and then replugged. During this time I received the alarm notification many times. After about 20 alarm events, no events were being recorded from any of my devices. I restarted the traccar server and events started to be recorded again. However now, the position id of an event is no longer being recorded. Any advice? I've also checked the logs there are no errors.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

What event(s) are you talking about?

dashmeet7 years ago

Device online and offline events are the events i've received so far

Connection status events never have position id.

dashmeet7 years ago

The problem is that other events are not being recorded. I have position data with ignition on and off and moving, but the events aren't being recorded.

Have you enabled events? Are you using official release with default configuration file?

dashmeet7 years ago

I haven't disabled events. Events were working before. I am using release 3.11. I made a couple of config changes.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<!DOCTYPE properties SYSTEM 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/properties.dtd'>

<properties>

<!--

This is the main configuration file. All your configuration parameters should be placed in this file.

Default configuration parameters are located in the "default.xml" file. You should not modify it to avoid issues
    with upgrading to a new version. Parameters in the main config file override values in the default file. Do not
    remove "config.default" parameter from this file unless you know what you are doing.

For list of available parameters see following page: https://www.traccar.org/configuration-file/

-->

<entry key="config.default">./conf/default.xml</entry>
<!--
    <entry key='database.driver'>org.h2.Driver</entry>
    <entry key='database.url'>jdbc:h2:./data/database</entry>
    <entry key='database.user'>sa</entry>
    <entry key='database.password'></entry>
-->

<entry key='database.driver'></entry>
<entry key='database.url'></entry>
<entry key='database.user'></entry>
<entry key='database.password'></entry>

<!-- entries disabled with timestamps more than 2 hour in the future of server timestamps -->
<entry key='filter.enable'>false</entry>
<entry key='filter.future'>7200</entry>

<!-- entries for reverse geocoding api-key for google -->
<entry key='geocoder.key'>key</entry>

</properties>

And you haven't changed anything in default.xml?

dashmeet7 years ago

I haven't changed anything in the default.xml. I did however delete some position rows in the database that were marked at about 17 years in the future. The position ids in the device columns updated fine after that.

The only explanation I can think of is that you didn't have any events. If you did, I need proof.

dashmeet7 years ago

Do you want hex codes? Or can you check with the web server?

Ideally everything. I need en example where you expect event and there is no event.

dashmeet7 years ago

I emailed you

Abel6 years ago

Hi there,
Same problem here, I'm using 3.15, and events appear on screen ( as entering or exit geofence ) but if the event happens with the browser or app closed, nothing is showing up once opened again.

I already checked config.xml

<entry key='event.enable'>true</entry>
    <entry key='processing.computedAttributes.enable'>true</entry>

As it came by default.

Any ideas?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Abel, where do you expect to see events? Events panel only shows live events and not history, so it's intended behaviour. If you want to see history, there is a report for that.