Stop traccar error

Malouda Don6 years ago

Just download traccar from download section,installed it on my ubuntu 16.04 server works fine! but when i try to stop traccar(./stopDaemon.sh) i get error "unable to execute /opt/traccar/bin/stopDaemonNoPriv.sh: No such file or directory" but the file "startDaemonNoPriv.sh" is present in bin folder!! what am i doing wrong!?

Turbovix6 years ago

I believe you need to restart your system!

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Looks like there is an issue in YAJSW. I have created a ticket:

https://sourceforge.net/p/yajsw/bugs/148/

Turbovix6 years ago

You use the following command:

#sudo service traccar start/stop/status

Or

#sudo systemctl start/stop/status traccar

Yes...i've same issue...after successfull install the new 3.16 on ubuntu 16.04 and try stop the traccar have that message : sudo: unable to execute /opt/traccar/bin/stopDaemonNoPriv.sh: No such file or directory
/opt/traccar/bin/stopDaemon.sh: line 36: 29840 Hangup sudo "$PRGDIR"/"$EXECUTABLE"

Turbovix6 years ago

1 - sudo su
2 - enter your root password
3 - systemctl status traccar
or
        systemctl start traccar
or
        systemctl stop traccar

@Turboyix after run that command the traccar still runing ( not succsess to stop)

Turbovix6 years ago

Friend, at my installation all the commands displayed are working normally!

Did you restart your operating system?

what your operating system? i think on linux not always restart os

i'm mean on linux not need to restart os

Turbovix6 years ago

My system is Ubuntu 17.10 64bit, sometimes it becomes necessary to reboot the system. Take the test and you will see!

Malouda Don6 years ago

as @anton pointed out there is a bug in YAJSW so what i did it i edited "stopDaemonNoPriv.sh" on the first line instead of "#!/bin/bash#!/usr/bin/env bash" replace with "#!/usr/bin/env bash" and it should be working.

@Malouda Don, yes that's solved. thankyou

Turbovix6 years ago

Look at the example I made in the video!
[https://youtu.be/u-J7L36KSRc]

Malouda Don6 years ago

@Turbovix the problem here is that as @Anton mentioned there is a bug in YAJSW now if you download traccar version 3.16 and install on ubuntu 16.04 you will get an error trying to stop traccar! using the methods you described will not stop traccar i have tried!! the only solution is to edit the stopDaemonNoPriv.sh as i explained above.