Traccar 3.16 with Spot Satellite Support

joepr6 years ago

Hello traccar support and traccar users

I do own a SPOT Gen3 satellite GPS tracker and today I received a notification about the new Traccar version 3.16. It says now includes the support for SPOT devices. I have been searching on the forums and still can't find a instructions or documentation of how the SPOT locations could be displayed on Traccar.

I did see someone who post this link http://faq.findmespot.com/index.php?action=showEntry&data=69 that basically tells that a XML file will be generated and updated with the traccar locations . I will like to know if Traccar Support could share a link where I can read how to integrate SPOT devices on the new Traccar version.

Regard

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I believe SPOT devices can only report to their own server. Then their proprietary platform can forward location data to Traccar. That's what Traccar supports. For more information on how to configure forwarding you need to check SPOT resources or support.

joepr6 years ago

Anton, thanks for the reply. Hope someone over this forum could share some instructions on how to complete such task. I will continue searching. If anyone at this forum have one working will appreciate the help.