Ignoring small movements

automods6 years ago

Good morning, I’ve looked through the documentation and although can find a small amount of information on the subject, there is no real help.

I have 2 Chinese units that have very little in the way of configuration available and they constantly report movement even though they have not moved an inch, in the last hour for example on the log it thinks it’s moved over 100 times.

I understand that what I need to do is in the computed attributes somewhere but can’t find much info as to what I should set up.

I would like for the system to ignore all where speed is less than 1 MPH and distance traveled is less tha .01 of a mile.

Any help would be brilliant

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

I would recommend to enable distance filtering for your case.

automods6 years ago

Many Thanks

I have added the following to the CONF file, restarted server and can see that its filtering them already.

<entry key='filter.enable'>true</entry>
<entry key='filter.distance'>30</entry>
automods6 years ago

hi again, although this did help, it still hasnt fixed the issue, I am still getting days where the tracker is reporting movments of in excess of 100 times a day, on all ocurrences the speed is no more than 0.1 MPH, if I increase the didstance filter any more it messes up the tracking when the unit is moving, and leaves large gaps at times. can you advise on a speed filter so that the system ignores all movments under 0.2 MPH.

Many Thanks

automods6 years ago

i've added the line <entry key="event.motion.speedThreshold">0.1</entry> to my config file, is this correct ??

There is no such filter.

automods6 years ago

I’m assuming this is the correct way, it’s not a filter ?

<entry key="event.motion.speedThreshold">0.1</entry> to my config file, is this correct ??

It's not a filter.

automods6 years ago

I’ll try again
Is there ANY way that the system can be configured to ignore any movements where the speed is less than 0.1 knot.

If so where in the configuration documentation can the information for doing this be found.

There is a static filter, but it only works when speed is exactly zero.

Augusto Parra5 years ago

HI!, I have exactly the same problem, when the car is on the parking (really stopped), the gps error, send a little movements (it`s not real), but the server sense like a movement and then write on a log a register (increase the DB no makesense). how can i exclude this error on a DB writes? thanks!
Augusto