Changes in 3.14

5of97 years ago

I like what I found in the changelog of 3.14, but I think they need explanation:

-...Traccar now uses ignition information to detects stops and parking state, so if your device supports it, you should get even better reports in new Traccar version.
Is it nessesary to enable this? I have a device which has always ignition state false or true(via computed attributes), but despite that it got trips during ignition off?!

-Another feature that's worth mentioning is features configuration. For example if you use Traccar for personal or pet tracking, you don't want UI to be cluttered with all vehicle-related information and functionality. Traccar now allows you to disable features that you don't use.
Great idea! But where can this be found?

Anton Tananaev7 years ago
  1. You need to set report.trip.useIgnition to true in the config.

2. In user attributes.

5of97 years ago

Thank you.

1. Can it be used as a device parameter or only for the whole server in configfile? Maybe you can add it to the configfile docu, others could find it useful to!?

2. In which source file can they find all possible user attributes related to this, in the configfiledocu I couldn't find any?

1. I believe it's a global parameter.

2. You can find user attributes in CommonUserAttributes class.

You are welcome to help with documentation.

5of97 years ago

I did a look into the MotionEventHandler.java and for me it seems that its a global parameter, but its an additional feature!? Maybe Abyss777 can comment this?
So my suggestion for an additional entry in the configdocu:
report.trip.useIgnition "config"

If true, trips are always recognized when the ignition is on (e.g. for shorter trips than minimalTrip...)

As far as I remember, ignition only affects stops but not trips.

abyss7 years ago

@5of9
Motion, Trips and Stops explained in documentation https://www.traccar.org/documentation/trips-stops/ also all related config parameters explained there.

Jose Rodriguez6 years ago

Hi.

I know this post is so old but is just I'm looking for. Where I have to set to true the item report.trip.useIgnition? This is not present in the default.xml or traccar.xml.

Thanks,

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

You need to ADD it to the config file.

Jose Rodriguez6 years ago

I added this line to traccar.xml, the first one after the comment:

<entry key='report.trip.useIgnition'>true</entry>

Is it ok?

Thanks a lot Anton.