My Database is so bulky

Parth6 years ago

Hi Anton Tananaev

I am very thankful for Traccar it's really awesome platform. I want suggestion from your side. I am use last version for traccar and it's works awesome with mysql but now i have many devices up to 500+ and now it's take to much time in report of rout and summary for long interval not working. I maintain only two month on history and data rate of devices to sending sample to server is 25 second . plz suggest me what we do for it change on DB SQL server or anything else ?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

What do you mean by not working? What error do you get?

Parth6 years ago

Summary report not working for 1 month it's show "communication failure " as error and report not show . Route report show only for 1 or 2 day only .

It means that you are trying to get too much data at a time.

Parth6 years ago

Yes But I am trying to get only one month summary of single device. but it's show error. If i am trying to get 15 days data then it's take to much time even if execute direct query in mysql it's also takes to much time to execute. want can i do to increase mysql execution .

Are you using SSD drives? Have you configured MySQL buffers and caches to ensure best performance?

Parth6 years ago

Yes i am using digital ocean cloud server and my current server configuration is 4 GB ram -
2 vCPUs
80 GB SSD

You haven't answered my question. Also, your configuration is probably not enough for number of devices that you have.

Parth6 years ago

Now we are not configuration MySQL buffers and caches. Can u suggest witch configuration gives us best performance.

You need a MySQL database expect who can tweak configuration for you. I would recommend to ask on relevant resources.