Digital Matter - Recovery Mode

Norm6 years ago

I am running the Oyster and Remora trackers on traccar. Everything works just as well as the Telematics Guru that they sell...but I can't find a way to enable/disable recovery mode. Are there any plans to implement those features in the DMT protocol?

This is what I received from DM on how to set Recovery Mode. This is above my skill level to know how to make it work.

You will have to post the message indicated below to (where 12354 is the serial number of the device):
https://api.oemserver.com/v1.0/asyncmessaging/send/12345
It uses basic authentication (using your OEM login credentials). Content type should be set to application/json. Accept header should be application/json. You should get a long integer back which is a reference to the queued message. The data that should be posted is the json representation of the AsyncMessageModel that is listed below. E.g.

{
       "MessageType":3,
       "CANAddress":4294967295,//0xFFFFFFFF,//HOST_ADDRESS
       "Flags":01,
       "Data":[3],
       "ExpiryDateUTC":"2018-08-30T18:25:43.511Z"
}

Data of 3 means recovery mode.
This will enable recovery mode for 12 hours.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It requires to use Digital Matter service API, so it's not really a regular device command. There is no plan to implement it in the official version because it doesn't really follow the architecture that we have, but we can implement it as a customisation. Send an email to support address if you are interested.

Norm6 years ago

Thank you Anton! I will be reaching out about this.

JMVSL3 years ago

Hi, did this solution get implemented?

Thanks in advance
James

Anton Tananaev3 years ago

Have you read my last comment?

JMVSL3 years ago

yes, you mention a customisation - did you do the customisation? can this be purchased?

Yes we did. We can do similar customization for you if you are interested.

Norm3 years ago

Yes. Anton did the customization for me and it's been working great for 2 years now. You do have to get a new custom file made for every version released.

JMVSL3 years ago

Thanks Norm - do you connect directly from the tracker to traccar (what DM call third party direct) or do you connect via oem server?

Norm3 years ago

I use the OEM server. I love the management it provides for firmware, troubleshooting and single pane of glass for all DM devices.

JMVSL3 years ago

Hi Anton, I'd like to discuss this and some other potential changes if possible please?

Thanks
James

Send us an email.