Unit of maxSpeed attributes of config file

Jon smith6 years ago

Hello Anton,

Can you please let me know the unit of a maxSpeed attribute of a config file ?

Is it km/mile or knots ?

Jon smith6 years ago

We have set 250 in the config file and still we found high jumps of a vehicle at some period.

Can you please let me know the suitable unit or value for same ?

is it per knots per hour or what ?

e.g. kmph, mph or knots/hr ?

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

It's in knots.

Jon smith6 years ago

Yes that I have checked but knots/hour, knots/min or something else ?

Jon smith6 years ago

Thank you for the information, it was just missed by me.

As my config maxSpeed attribute is 250 and still we are experiencing jumps with speed more then that. We are using latest version of traccar

alt text

Have you enabled filtering? Can we see raw data where you calculated >250 knots jumps?

Jon smith6 years ago

Yes filter is enabled, I am just assuming that because these jumps are happening within a fraction of a seconds, that causes wrong information in speed report.

When I am generating speed report it gives me 130 km/h, 160 km/h sometimes but actually the vehicle's max speed is 60 km/h.

While checking the route of those vehicles I found the jumps as shown above.

Have you actually verified jumps by time and distance? Or all your claims are based on "feeling"?

Jon smith6 years ago

Yes I have checked, that jump is happening within a minute, in real scenario that distance is not possible to cover within a minute.

OK, please provide proof, number, reports, your calculation.

Jon smith6 years ago

Please check the image below,

alt text

These distance is covered by vehicle when it is in ideal state and ignition is OFF.

This actual distance by road is approx 1.5 to 2.0 km and at same time I am getting speed 131.1 kmph which is wrong.

Can you pleas guide in this scene ?

Are you talking about speed reported by the device or speed calculated from distance and time?

Jon smith6 years ago

I am talking about speed calculated from distance and time, I think device is not sending the speed.

As shown above, device sends different positions when it is unknown or ignition off sometimes.

while I am generating report for speed then it is giving me approx 120 - 140 kmph sometimes but actually vehicle has less speed then 70 kmph at same time.

But may be due to that jump (distance) and time, It is giving me such high speed in the report.

Jon smith6 years ago

Hello Anton,

Can you please provide any update for same ?