Trips based off Ignition Events

Scott Newberry6 years ago

Hi all

I'm just dipping my toes in traccar and playing around, have set it up on my own server and I have a vehicle tracker on its way from the US.

I'm just looking to do future research; Does anyone know if the "trips" reports use, or can be configured to use, the ignition events to define the start and end of a trip?

Cheers from NZ

Scott

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Check this documentation:

https://www.traccar.org/documentation/trips-stops/

There is an option for ignition, but it only affects stops (end of trip).

Where in NZ? I'm in Auckland :)

Damnit. I was afraid I'd be told to read the manual because I missed something; I didn't see the last variable that could be changed when I was playing this morning at 1am.

So there's no functionality to start a trip on ignition on? Could I make a computed attribute where the ignition on sets motion to true? (I've only briefly looked at the docs for computed attribute, and other forum posts).
I'm trying to replicate the navman fleet management package we had at our old job just for fun.

Finally, HI ANTON!!! :D
I saw from a post on geekzone (I think) that you were from NZ. I'm down in Dunedin.

Btw. Thanks for making this so neatly packaged; I have fought tooth and nail to try and install openGTS, even to the point I had a computer science Ph.D. helping me out. Your stuff installed with 5 lines of shell instructions...including changing directory and downloading.

I think you can use computed attribute to force motion value. Haven't tried it myself.

We are trying to keep it as simple as possible to install Traccar. It's one of the main reasons for its success.

abyss6 years ago

ignition=on does not mean car is moving in general. A driver can do something interesting on parking :) like listening the music.
I think it is possible to override motion with computed attributes.

Quick update. I did a bit more playing. I'm finding that my when i look at my trips in reports, some of them are 1) not starting until I am a little bit down the road, so the start location is wrong, and 2) two trips blend into one; go from work to the petrol station, then from petrol station to next errand.

When my mictracker arrives I'll certainly be playing and sing what I can re purpose what has.

You probably need to adjust configuration parameters.