Track line right in the street like google maps.

luiz maia6 years ago

Hi mates,

There is any possibility of the tracking lines been positionated right on the street where the device tracked was in the reports? Now it is a little bit messy. I dont know if I`m been clear, what I want is something like when you make a route in the google maps and you see the line perfectly in the streets.

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

What you are talking about is called "snap to roads" and it's unfortunately not available in Traccar. It would require third party API provider like Google or Bing.

luiz maia6 years ago

Ouch, thats sad. Thanks anyway mate!

Adam6 years ago

I also came here specifically to see if this was an option. Is there a way of us registering via an API ourselves?

I am not a developer, but if it is useful as information, the snap to road feature works fine in WEB UI MOD and I do not think it's a paid API. (http://project-osrm.org/docs/v5.5.1/api/#match-service).

In fact, it does not look the same as the google route, it solves situations that show the trail off the lane or in the opposite lane, but only draws curves if the tracker has the ability to send position by angle change.

Nick6 years ago

@Cesar Augusto Serafim, after this discussion, were you able to implement 'snap to road' feature? Even completing the curves would be helpful.
I know TraccarWebUI developer Vitaly Litvak has implemented it in his Traccar mod using OSRM which means it is possible, but I'm looking to have it implemented in official Traccar