How to change event.motion.speedThreshold ?

Ivaylo7 years ago

Hello,
how to change event.motion.speedThreshold and from where? My device when it is stopped shows constantly 0.01- 4.8 km / h. So when I give a total of how many km it has been while it stopped for one day it shows me about 8km.I read in the forum but it did not make me exactly how to do it. Please help me.
alt text

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

You can change it in the config file.

Ivaylo7 years ago

/opt/traccar/conf/traccar.xml or /opt/traccar/conf/default.xml ?

I change traccar.xml like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<!DOCTYPE properties SYSTEM 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/properties.dtd'>

<properties>

<!--

This is the main configuration file. All your configuration parameters should be placed in this file.

Default configuration parameters are located in the "default.xml" file. You should not modify it to avoid issues
    with upgrading to a new version. Parameters in the main config file override values in the default file. Do not
    remove "config.default" parameter from this file unless you know what you are doing.

For list of available parameters see following page: https://www.traccar.org/configuration-file/

-->

<entry key="config.default">./conf/default.xml</entry>

<entry key='database.driver'>org.h2.Driver</entry>
    <entry key='database.url'>jdbc:h2:./data/database</entry>
    <entry key='database.user'>sa</entry>
    <entry key='database.password'></entry>
    <entry key='event.motion.speedThreshold'>2.70</entry>

</properties>

but not work.

Have you restarted Traccar after the change? What version are you using?

Ivaylo7 years ago

Use version 3.14. Yes restart Traccar after the change.

It should work then.

Ivaylo7 years ago

Thank you.I tray again. Please tell me where paste this <entry key='event.motion.speedThreshold'>2.70</entry> in default.xml or traccar.xml file?

Doesn't really matter, but I would recommend traccar.xml. Try to experiment with bigger values (e.g. 100) and see if it works.

Ivaylo7 years ago

I tray again in traccar.xml paste <entry key='event.motion.speedThreshold'>100</entry> .Restart server but speed move 0.01~5km when device is stopped and distance growing.

Can I have access to your server to take a look?

abyss7 years ago

speedThreshold affect only motion detection. It will not prevent growing distance. Only filtering can do what you want...

Ivaylo7 years ago

I want when the car is stopped not counting meters.For 24 hours (parking) count 8km distance.Speed move 0.015.00 in all day.

KWARN KHAM5 years ago

<entry key='event.motion.speedThreshold'>100</entry>
What's the unit for 100?
km per hour or else?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Please read documentation.