Database Configuration of Traccar server

Hi

The query is to understand how can we save data send from tracker devices to traccar server . Currently in the provided source code the traccar.xml file specifies the DB connection configuration as specified below-

<entry key='database.driver'>org.h2.Driver</entry>
<entry key='database.url'>jdbc:h2:/home/user/Documents/traccar/target/database</entry>
<entry key='database.user'>sa</entry>
<entry key='database.password'></entry>

If I replace the configuration with –

<entry key='database.driver'>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</entry>
<entry key='database.url'>jdbc:sqlserver://[serverName][\instanceName];user=[userName];password=[password];databaseName=[database];</entry>
<entry key='database.user'>[userName]</entry>
<entry key='database.password'>[password]</entry>

Then do we need to configure the schema on our DB server end? Or do I have to use any ORM technology like flyaway, liquibase etc to migrate the received data along with the schema?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Traccar creates database schema automatically, but it won't migrate data from your old database, obviously.

Hi Anton

Can i migrate to new database from the Schema. I mean can i extract it from the Traccar Database and put it to my other database such as MS SQL.

You might be able some third party migration tools, but Traccar can't do it for you automatically.

Hi

Please can you guide me which type of migration tool you mean here.

A tool that copies everything from one db to another.

Hi

Need one more help if i use liquibase or flyaway can i mitigate the database? If so can you please guide me the process.

I can't guide you through something that I don't know.

jaroja45 years ago

Hello Anton. I have traccar in version 3.12, I want to update to 4.2. I am seeing many changes in the database. What is the correct way to update without losing the data in the database.

Thank you very much for your usual help.

Traccar will automatically upgrade schema, so you shouldn't lose anything. Of course make sure that you make a backup just in case.

jaroja45 years ago

Thanks for your quick response