Odometer

Amr Elsharqawi5 years ago

Hi,

I found what I was looking for in topic "Computed Attributes"

I am looking for a feature called odometer. First of all the function allows you to read the actual vehicles mileage without leaving the office.

Odometer function is a part of “Maintenance tasks” which allows you to schedule the service work, whereupon the system alerts you at the right time.

How it works
Odometer function is a virtual counter, which operates with GPS data. Therefore, it’s not like getting the readings from the dashboard directly, it’s an approximate calculation which is based on the distance traveled according to GPS. That’s why you should enter the initial values first.

I am using Totem AT05 Tracking devices, with Traccar v4.2 and I am not getting the accurate data for the mileage

But I connected the same tracking devices with Loccate.com and it works very well.

please check link for more information https://www.loccate.com/blog/the-odometer-function-control-the-mileage-remotely/

I wonder if same function can be added to Traccar as well.

Thanks!!

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Traccar supports both real odometer and virtual odometer. What exactly do you want to add?

Dear Anton,

I can provide you with the access for my Traccar server, to check the reading of odometer its totally wrong. but when I used loccate it was accurate as the car mileage in reality. Can you guide me how to use same function in traccar? and if the module needs more work by paid support let me know how much it will cost?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

If you are interested in paid support please use support email address.

Ok thanks I've sent email to you, waiting for your reply