How to add additional attributes (fields) to devices

rkn8 years ago

Hi,

Whenever I am adding a new device, I am able to give a name, a unique identifier and an optional group name. How can I create additional parameters? I mean additional fields or attributes to hold other general information about the vehicle using the device - say driver name, vehicle registration number, driver mobile phone etc. so that whenever I click a device, there information are also seen?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Ramesh

Anton Tananaev8 years ago

Currently it's not possible, but in next release devices will have attributes. Same as users do now.

rkn8 years ago

Many thanks Anton for the prompt and clear reply. Will keep a watch on upcoming releases!

Darshan7 years ago

Hello Anton,

Is it now possible to have some addition device attributes that can be stored at the time of adding the device?
I have checked the device attributes option. But It has fix set off attributes to select from available list.

Can you please help me with this?
Thanks.

Anton Tananaev7 years ago

You can add any attributes you want.

Israel Carrasco6 years ago

I tryng to add atributtes but them dont show

Anton Tananaev6 years ago

Then you are doing something wrong.

ragupathi6 years ago

is it possible to custimize registeration form like gender,address and new form in my traccar application.

How can you add custom attributes? In the web UI I can only choose pre-defined attribute keys.

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

You should be able to type anything you want there.