send automatic reminder to device when battery is low

I'd like the server to send automatic notification to the device when the battery level falls below a set threshold. Is this possible?

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

What do you mean by notification to device?

I'd like to send a text message with some minimal template, like: "Battery low: {batteryLevel}%"

the goal is to remind the user to charge it

There is already a low battery notification.

it's sent to the user, not to the device. I'd like to send it to the device so whoever holds the device will know and charge the battery

I'm a bit confused. If it's a hardware tracking device, it will just ignore SMS messages. If it's a smartphone, it will tell you when battery is low without any notifications. Every phone has a notification for that. If you want something more, I'm sure you can find million apps that can show you notifications about that.

It's a watch protocol device and I'd like to send a text (not sms) message using the MESSAGE watch command - or to put it more generic: send a Command with type="message" and message="Battery low: {batteryLevel}%"

Doesn't watch show battery status? Anyway, you can still do it using notifications. Create another user with device phone no as his number and configure notification.

Not every watch does :(
I'm not sure I understood what you are suggesting. I'd like to use the watch protocol to send a message via the socket and not via an SMS provider.

When you say "send a text message" without any context, it usually means SMS.

OK, and now that it's clear I mean a Command{type=message}, do you have any idea how to do it?

It's not possible out of the box.