recover deleted devices history

Rodrigo Oliveira5 years ago

I deleted a device through the web interface because the device was not updated the current position on the map, it received the coordinates in real time, but the current position of the device (car) did not update. I deleted it and entered again, but losing more than 2 years of history, is it possible to recover?

thank you

Anton Tananaev5 years ago

Do you have a database backup? If not then no, there's no way.

but the h2 database appears to have remained the same size after deleting the device in the web interface. The whole problem was because I was getting the year 2042 in the database, how can I fix it?

Database file won't change, but freed space will be overwritten with new data. Your history is likely lost, unless you have a backup. If you think it's still recoverable, you should probably ask on H2 related resources.

I lost 2 years of history :( , 1 more question please, if it happens again, to receive wrong date, how can I fix the current location?

I would recommend you to enable future time filtering.

I just installed version 4.2 and now I'm using Mysql, a device is sending date 1969-12-31 21:00:00 with the wrong coordinate.

Dariusz5 years ago
  1. Use mysqL to better manage
  2. Copy
  3. Copy
  4. Copy
peteclyde4 years ago

OK, similar problem. Managed to delete a device a few weeks ago, then re-added it. I didn't realise at the time that by doing this I lose the position history for that device.

So I've got plenty of backups of my database, is it possible to copy the position history from a backup database so that I have a full history in the one (active) database ? Either by mysql command line or phpMyAdmin ?

Thanks

Pete

Anton Tananaev4 years ago

I don't see why not. Restore your backup in a second database and copy any data that you need.

peteclyde4 years ago

Thanks Anton. I guess the only other thing I'd have to do is to replace reference to Device ID 30 so that it showed Device ID 31 ?